Saturday, February 12, 2011

Alyssa's Marriage

I sat my dear daughter down about 5 years ago and told her I had done it all wrong. I married her dad and proceeded to do everything I could to manipulate, change and control him and it was ugly.

Like Debi Pearl said, "No man has ever crawled out from under his wife's criticism to be a better man". Maybe Michael Pearl wrote that but it was something like that and it spoke volumes to me.

I have watched Alyssa and Jon and Ryan and Erin's relationships blossom and they are beautiful....reflecting Christ and the church...the way godly relationships are suppose to be. They truly love each other and live to please the other one. They don't argue or try to change the other one, but just accept each other as they are.

It's ironic but as soon as I stopped trying to change Ken, the Holy Spirit changed him into the man I always wanted him to be or maybe he already was the man of my dreams but I couldn't see it because I was so into him meeting my needs. The Bible says women win their man without a word....His promises are wonderful and so wise.

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.
I Peter 1:22