Sunday, February 13, 2011

Provocative Women

I am currently in a Bible Study by Beth Moore {Esther} and the topic this past week was meanness. She said something that made so much sense to me. She gave three characteristics of a mean woman. The third one was that mean women dress provocatively in front of other women's men. 

I've always been very unhappy  when there were provocatively dressed women in front of my husband.  My husband has been very honest with me in the way that men are...very visual.  God made them that way. 

This is why the Bible commands women to be modest {except in front of their own husbands, of course}.  So protect the men around you and dress modestly but cute!

Likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire.
I Timothy 2:9