Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Are You A User?


No one ever really likes a user.  A wise woman always gives more than she takes...When you are discreet, wise, and kind in your dealings with other people, you will reap the benefits throughout life. 
Debi Pearl

I use to be a user.  Ask my husband and sisters.  They know.  I am nothing without Jesus. Let me repeat that...I AM NOTHING WITHOUT HIM!!! He has worked powerfully inside of me. 

I am ever so thankful.  I am a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, grandma, mother-in-law, and friend because of Jesus. I am also much more of a giver.  I love to give of my time and my stuff.   It is so much more fun.

The world's ways use people to get things.  We are suppose to use things to bless people.  We're stewards, not owners.  Bless others!  Be a giver.  Don't let dead stuff control you.

When you want to become a giver instead of a user, first recognize that you have been a user and admit it.  Confess it to others and start praying about it.  Deal with any bad habits or sins in your life.  Ask God to work powerfully in you to change.  He's good at that.  Be detailed in your requests to Him.  He can handle it.

Listen to what others say about you.  Learn from them.  Then get to work changing with God's help. 

"You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you." 

Generosity is a good thing.  You will reap what you sow.  You will store treasures in heaven.  God keeps His promises.  Believe that!

They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be blessed. 
Psalm 37:26

Good will comes to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice. 
Psalm 112:5

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. 
Proverbs 11:25

Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 
I Timothy 6:18

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.  II Corinthians 9:11