Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Doodling His Name


My kids were all home this past weekend.  They all went to our favorite happy hour place on Friday night {AMAZING fish tacos}.  Afterwards, they went to get frozen yogurt.  Steven told me that Erin sat on Ryan's lap and Alyssa sat on Jon's...

Steven is dating a girl up in dental school.  They laugh a lot and enjoy being together.  He wanted to know if once people get married they still laugh with each other.  I told this to Erin as we were driving down to an all day retreat with Carol Hopson.  She replied, "Ryan has gotten more funny and we laugh even more with each other!"  

During the retreat, as Carol was giving one of her incredible messages, I looked over at Erin's paper and on it she had doodled Ryan's name with a heart by it...

That night as Cassi, Steven, and I were sitting around talking, Steven said that when he was golfing with Ryan that day, Ryan told Steven how happy he is being married to Erin.  He said that she is an amazing wife and he loves married life.

Alyssa has a Pinterest board labeled "Food 4 Husband" and is always pinning yummy looking food.  Jon loves to eat and she knows it!

My children give me good blog material.  They show me over and over again how incredible God's ways are when put into practice.  They both LOVE being married and are doing it right.  They don't argue.  They aren't competitive with each other.  The wives let the husbands be leaders and the husbands love their wives.  Marriage is easy when you do it God's ways.

And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
I Corinthians 13:3