Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sharon Osbourne's Regrets


Sharon Osbourne was on Katie (update: a show that used to be on but has been canceled) recently and Katie asked Sharon if working mothers could have it all?  Sharon's answer was so profound I had to rewind it and take it down word for word so I could share her words with all of you.

She looked at Katie and replied,  "No, Katie, I don't.  Honestly I wish I could say that you can but you can't. You can't have everything and do everything great because something suffers. For me, it was my family. My children suffered because I worked and traveled so I wasn't there for them the amount of time they needed. 

When I see mums who say, 'Oh, I'm just a mum,' it's not just a mum. I think women should realize how blessed they are to be there at home with their child every single step of the way. If I could do it again, turn back time, I would give up the money. I would give up everything. I would live in an apartment. I'd live in a tent as long as we were together."

If you are a mother at home, thank the Lord that He has blessed you with children and you are able to be the one raising them. There is NO more important job than raising those children the Lord has blessed you with. You are raising the next generation.

I am so thankful I was able to be home and raise my four children. Before I had children, I always said I would live in a trailer if I needed to so I could be home full time with them.  Raising children takes a lot of time. Teaching them about Jesus, how to treat others, how to control their emotions, etc. takes a full time mommy.

All four of my children walk with Jesus and there is nothing greater in life than when your children walk in Truth. They have all been an incredible blessing in our life and I thank God for them all the time.

So don't live with regrets like Sharon Osbourne. Do whatever you can to be able to be at home full time and raise those precious children God blessed you with.

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
3 John 4