Friday, December 28, 2012

Finding Your Gifts With GF Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


 Alyssa knew from a very young age that she wanted to be a ballerina.  She would even make her younger brothers dance in her plays.  As she grew older, she would put on numerous dances for us with her ballerina friends.  When she grew up, she was a professional ballerina living out her gift.
 
My sons were gifted athletes.  They played soccer, baseball, and basketball until high school.  In high school, they played baseball and basketball.  Steven even played baseball through college.
 
I always wanted to be a teacher.  I taught my younger sisters how to tie their shoes when I was five years old.  I would gather all the children in the neighborhood and play school.  I grew up to be a teacher and now I am teaching women how to love their husbands and children.
 
Cassi didn't know what her gifts where when she was young.  She took ballet for awhile, then played soccer and basketball.  In college, she changed her major several times, held several different jobs, and is now a Treatment Coordinator at a local orthodontist practice.
 
I think she may have finally found her gift, however.  See that banana bread in the picture above, she made that without any white flour or sweetener and it is fabulous!  She started on a 30 day program a few months ago and started making her food look real pretty.
 
Several weeks ago, she asked me to come look at something.  She had designed her own website a few weeks prior on instagram and had over 400 followers already.  She showed what meals she had for that day.  It has really inspired people to eat healthy.  She LOVES cooking and creating!
 
If you are looking for your gift, just ask the Lord to show you.  Usually, it is something you really enjoy and you are good at doing.  Life is a bit more exciting when you are able to practice your gift.
 
Here is the recipe for her banana bread ~

Mix together in a mixer:

•3 ripe, mashed bananas
•1/3 c melted coconut oil {or butter}
•6 eggs
•1-4 Tbsp honey {depending on sweetness of bananas & personal preference}
•1 teaspoon vanilla
•1/2 cup coconut flour
•1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
•1/8 teaspoon salt
•1/3 cup dark chocolate {I used 100%, but I would only suggest this for dark chocolate lovers like me☺}

Optional:
•1/3 cup walnuts
•small handful raisins
•1 large Medjool date chopped up

  Bake in a bread pan at 350 degrees for 50 min. Makes 1 loaf.

 
 
 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
coming down from the Father of lights
with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.