Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream, Trigger Point Therapy, and an Invasion of Ants


Dairy is something that doesn't agree with me. I have found a great alternative to ice cream that my grandchildren LOVE and is good for you! It only has a few ingredients in it and is so easy to make.

1 can of organic coconut milk 
{I use Native Forest since it seems to be the most pure.}
2-3 frozen bananas
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Sweeten with a little bit of stevia, organic raw honey or maple syrup
pinch of sea salt {optional}

Blend in blender and then enjoy. I pour mine into a metal cupcake tin, freeze them, and then pop them out and freeze all of them in a Ziploc bag. This way I can give one to my grandbabies whenever they come over.


I took a long walk in flip flops. Did you know you aren't supposed to take long walks in flip flops? A few days later, my toes, feet and legs hurt so badly I could barely walk. I had painful tendonitis in my feet from it, so I thought. For two weeks, every day for two hours I ice dipped my feet. It wasn't working. They still hurt badly. Then I remembered The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. I had frozen shoulder so severely after having my neck fused years ago that I couldn't move it at all. I found this book, bought myself a theracane and shortly afterwards, I was completely out of pain.

I read up on feet pain and found out that muscles from your lower leg can cause foot pain. The muscle that ran on the outside of both lower legs was very painful so I began trigger point therapy on them every two hours and the next morning I could walk! Every day since, it continues to get better and better. If you have any pain that involves muscles or tendons, I highly recommend this method.

The method is very simple. You find the painful spots in your body
 and then do these steps ~

1. Use deep stroking massage, not static pressure.
2. Massage with short, repeated strokes.
3. Do the massage stroke in one direction only.
4. Do the massage stroke slowly.
5. Aim at a pain level of seven on a scale of one to ten.
6. Limit massage to six to twelve strokes per trigger point.
7. Work a trigger point three to six times per day.
8. If you get no relief, you may be working the wrong spot.

This can help you with tendonitis, TMJ, headaches, neck and back problems, etc. You can use your hands but you will need a theracane if you need to use it on your back or want to save your hands. I find it helps A LOT to put a pack of frozen peas over the spot you did therapy on for fifteen minutes each time.


We have lived in this home almost 18 years. We haven't had ants for many years. Due to the heat wave and drought, we have been getting some recently. I have the easiest, cheapest, and fastest way to get rid of them! Just use your finger and smash as many as you can, leaving the dead ones there.  If there are a ton of them, get a heavy jar or roller pin and just roll over them, killing as many as you can. After an hour, they will be gone and most of the dead ones also. They must learn quickly or hate the smell of death but this method works every time for me!

Through him then let us continually offer up a 
sacrifice of praise to God, that is, 
the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name.
Hebrews 13:15

***Remember, I'm NOT a doctor. I'm just a homemaker who loves to research 

natural cures and have found many that have worked for my family and me. Information I have given is for educational and informational purposes only and to motivate you to make your own health care and dietary decisions based upon your own research and in partnership with your health care provider. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Nothing you read here should be relied upon to determine dietary changes, a medical diagnosis or course of treatment.