Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Are My Children as Good as It Seems?


A close friend of mine who I have known for many years told me she has been asked by those who read my blog if my children are as good as I write about? She told them that, "Yes, they are that good!" 

No, my children are not perfect. I hate to even have to write that because no one is perfect and everyone knows this fact. I don't know why people always have to repeat the fact that they are not perfect when trying to teach Truth, teach others what they have learned and what they have experienced in their lives that is positive. I have NEVER heard anyone say or believe that they were perfect. Have you?

We didn't expect our children to be perfect. We were far from perfect. We knew there was no such thing but we did want our children to walk in Truth with Jesus. This is all that mattered to us so we did everything we could to point them in that direction.

When I write about my children, I am teaching you how we raised them and what worked for us. They have always loved Jesus and walked with Him. Yes, they have their own struggles and faults but I don't write about those because it is not my job to point out other's faults, except my own faults and those who I get approval from first before posting.

Ken and I stand amazed at how wonderful our children have all turned out. They have all married godly spouses and are all happily married. We know it ALL has to do with God's grace and our willingness to raise our children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord. His ways are good. He asks us to teach our children His precepts continually. I think way too many parents are not faithful about teaching their children God's Word on a consistent basis and being joyful in the process. They need to see that living for Jesus is the best thing in the world!

We recently listened to a father tell us about catching his child eating candy after he told him he couldn't eat it. His young child had it stuffed in his shirt and it was clearly visible. He kept denying that he had taken any candy, lying out rightly to his father. His father kept giggling and finally walked away. NO! Deal with any and all sin you see in your children's lives immediately. NEVER laugh or be entertained by their sin.

If you, as their parents, are not disciplining and training your children in the Lord, the world will and it won't turn out very pretty for Satan's goal is to kill, steal, and destroy.

And ye shall teach them your children, 
speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, 
and when thou walkest by the way, 
when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deuteronomy 19:11